Tuesday, October 11, 2016

More Misogynistic Trump Tapes May Surface; Nancy O'Dell Slams Trump


Last night during the presidential debate Donald Trump tried to write off his horrible comments about women and his right to do whatever he wanted to women - including grabbing them by the pus*y - as "locker room talk.  As if the crudeness of school age youths and, in my view, often dimwitted and crude athletes somehow excuses disgusting comments by a man who wants to be the leader of the world's sole remaining super power.  Now, as Huffington Post reports, there my be transcripts with other foul Trump commentary that may hit the surface.  The Hill reports that the producer of "The Apprentice" says that there are far worse tapes of Trumps that could surface:
A producer from the reality series “The Apprentice” used Twitter on Saturday night to warn that the now-infamous leaked audio of Donald Trump making crude and sexually explicit comments about women is just the beginning.
“As a producer on seasons 1&2 of #theapprentice I assure you: when it comes to #trump tapes there are far worse,” tweeted Bill Pruitt.

Tapes of past Howard Stern shows likewise underscore that what Trump said on the now notorious 2005 tape is the norm, not the exception for Mr. Trump. 

Nancy O'Dell, the female reporter who was the target of Trump's vile 2005 comments has now spoken out and slammed Trump and his disgusting mindset and behavior.  The Hollywood Reporter looks at O'Dell's statements on this issue.  Here are highlights:
Nancy O'Dell spoke publicly about the lewd comments Donald Trump made in leaked audio tapes released by the Washington Post on Monday night's Entertainment Tonight.
"I feel it's very important that I address you all directly. As a journalist for 26 years now, it is my job to bring you news about others, rather than turning the focus on myself," O'Dell said on-air. "But by now, I'm sure that most of you have heard the audio tape which became national news and part of the presidential race. My name was mentioned and unfortunately, the release of it has thrown me into the middle of the political arena of which I didn't ask to be a part."
She continued, "I released a statement on Saturday and I truly mean what I said. There is no room for objectification of women, or anyone for that matter, not even in the 'locker room.' The conversation has got to change because everybody deserves respect, no matter the gender or setting. As a mom, I have to add that our kids — especially our young girls — need to know that their hard work, their achievements, their intelligence, their heart are most important. And those things will not go unnoticed."
 
On Friday, hot mic audio of Trump telling former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush about sexual advances he made on O'Dell, who was then a co-host of Bush's, became the center of a media firestorm. In the leaked audio, the Republican presidential candidate is caught telling Bush, "I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it." He adds, "I did try and f— her. She was married."
"The conversation needs to change because no female, no person, should be the subject of such crass comments, whether or not cameras are rolling. Everyone deserves respect no matter the setting or gender. As a woman who has worked very hard to establish her career, and as a mom, I feel I must speak out with the hope that as a society we will always strive to be better."
During Sunday night's second presidential debate, Trump repeatedly clarified that his crass comments about women were "locker-room talk."
Donald Trump is a disgusting, narcissistic pig.  The mere thought of him trying to take sexual advantage of anyone of any gender is repulsive.  Just the thought of him naked is enough to move me to vomit. 

No comments: