Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hillary Clinton Says She Will Decide on Presidential Run in 2014





While most political junkies believe that she has already made her decision to seek the presidency in 2016, Hillary Clinton told Barbara Walters that she will make her decision during the coming year.  Clinton may be playing coy, but time will tell for certain.   Politco has some highlights from the Walters interview:

Hillary Clinton says she’ll make the decision next year on whether she’ll run for president in 2016.  “I will look carefully at what I think I can do and make that decision sometime next year,” Clinton told ABC’s Barbara Walters in an interview that aired Wednesday night.

Clinton, named Walters’s “Most Fascinating Person of 2013,” said insisted she is still hasn’t made up her mind.
“It’s such a difficult decision, and it’s one that I’m not going to rush into and I don’t think we should be looking at the next election,” the former secretary of state said.  “I think we should be looking at the work that we have today,” Clinton said, noting issues such as unemployment, food stamps and the economy.

She said that for the first time in decades neither her nor her husband were in public office, and called it a relief.
When asked if Bill Clinton wants her to run, Clinton said her husband has been “very respectful” and that he wants her to “do what I think is right.”
Clinton said it is important that the country has a female president but said, “I don’t know the exact timing of it or who that might be.”  ”Of course I want to see a woman in the White House,” she added.

No comments: