Thursday, October 03, 2013

Father Disowns Daughter in Epic Letter After She Disowns Gay Son


I was lucky when I came out to my parents a little over 11 years ago. They accepted me without qualification - as did my entire extended family.  Sadly, not everyone is as lucky and statistics show that roughly 40% of homeless youths are LGBT.   Many are thrown out by "godly Christian" parents who value the writing ignorant herders from over 2500 years ago over their own children.  In my view, it doesn't get much more disgusting or do more to prove that conservative Christianity is an evil to be stamped out and defeated.  But I digress.  Fortunately, not all family members always agree with the "godly folk."  A case in point is a father who disowned his daughter after she threw her son out of her home when he came out as gay.  An image of the letter is set out above.  Raw Story has more details.  Here are excerpts:
The pro-LGBT advocacy group FCKH8 released a letter from an irate father to his daughter on Wednesday in which the father and grandfather disowned his daughter for kicking her son Chad out of the house. According to Yahoo News, the boy had just told his mother that he is gay.

“Dear Christine,” he wrote. “I’m disappointed in you as a daughter. You’re correct that we have a ‘shame in the family,’ but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real ‘abomination’ here.”

“He was born this way and didn’t choose it more than he being left-handed,” he wrote. “You, however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay [sic] put it) grandson to raise…”
The man announced his intention to take Chad in and care for him since his mother has rejected him on the basis of his orientation.
Kudos to this wonderful grandfather.  As for the daughter, she needs to be shunned and treated like the hateful person she is.  She, not her gay son is the abomination.

No comments: