Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ft. Lauderdale - Day One

Pool and covered terrace
The boyfriend and I had uneventful flights down to Ft. Lauderdale this morning after leaving the house at 6:00 AM.  We rendezvoused with one of our hosts at the airport and traveled to Lighthouse Point where their beautiful home is located.  As seems to be true to form for me, while checking my office e-mail, I discovered a mini-crisis had developed and I had to spend time on work matters this afternoon - as fortunately did one of our hosts who had to do an hour conference call with her office making my absence less obnoxious.  Now it's time to relax and get in the pool which is 88 degrees and have a cocktail!!  The photos are scenes in this post are of the back yard at our hosts' home..
View out our bedroom patio door
Tomorrow it's the beach and lunch with friends followed by taking our hosts to dinner at the Lighthouse Point Yacht Club - the boyfriend and I are now members of the Hampton Yacht Club and through it have reciprocal privileges at a number of other yacht clubs around the country.  Saturday night the boyfriend and I are hosting a dinner party for our hosts and eleven friends. It has become a tradition when we visit.

And yes, we will be checking out some of the gay night spots while we are in town.  It should be a nice long weekend.

No comments: