Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to all the readers of this blog around the world.  Yes, I am being politically correct and engaging in the "war against Christmas." But with readers in 205 countries, it's nothing less than obnoxious to force Christmas down the throats of readers everywhere.   For Christian readers, my message is one of Merry Christmas.  For others I wish you joy and wonderful times with family and friends.  This time of year most of all is about family.  The photo above is of my two daughters, my grand daughter Mia, and my son-in-law who is recovering from his severe wounds 6 weeks ago in Afghanistan.  Despite the Christofascists efforts to denigrate gays and our families, I believe that we are the real Americans.  With my son-in-law's promising recovery (he still has a long way to go in terms  of physical therapy), my new grand child and my oldest daughter now expecting, there is much to be happy about.  I am in such a different place than during the holidays a decade ago. 

The boyfriend and I are entertaining his family today and then this evening we will have friends over.  Thus, posts will be limited.  Again, I wish happiness and joy to all, especially long time readers who have followed this blog from its inception.  You all mean a great deal to me.


No comments: