Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quote of the Day: Andrew Sullivan on Mitt Romeny's Patent Dishonesty

Should Mitt Romney win on November 6th, I will concede that I will be devastated.  Indeed, I may well rethink remaining in the United States and pursue my dual citizenship that I have through my late mother.  What will upset me the most, however, should Romney win is the obvious stupidity and lack of seriousness of the American public.  The same public that obsesses over freaking pro-sports teams and embarrassing reality TV shows while ignoring issues that most effect their lives while falling for the lies of a seeming pathological liar.  Andrew Sullivan sums up Mitt Romney and his campaign most accurately:

Yes, it's amazing that a human being can have so few scruples, such an effortless ease with lying, and literally junk his entire program overnight with nary even an explanation. It's amazing still that polarization in this country would allow evangelicals and Tea Partiers not to start worrying about this chameleon. But this is Romney. He aims to please. He markets "himself" as a product to different demographics. And marketing works, if you are prepared to turn yourself into a soulless, content-free, power-seeking robot.
 I remain optimistically hopefully.  But if Romney wins, the majority of voters will fully deserve whatever misfortunes their vote brings down upon them.  For the rest of us, I will feel real sympathy and some of us will have to decide if it is forth staying and fighting or leaving and watching America sink into the foul future that it will deserve.

No comments: