Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Wedding Wishes to My Daughter and New Son-in-Law


Today has been a strange day - my oldest daughter got married to her long time boyfriend (they are pictured above in a photo from a few months ago) and none of the rest of us were there. Things happened very, very quickly. No sooner did they become formally engaged than the specter of new orders appeared and, in order to make sure my daughter qualified for spousal benefits, they got married while on a previously planned spring break trip to Las Vegas. Come summer, they will have a big party here in Virginia. He's a good guy and I hope he recognizes the treasure he's found in my daughter.

I wish them much happiness together and welcome my new son into my family. Yes, despite what the Christianists like to maintain, we in the LGBT community DO have families - just like everyone else. And we love our children dearly. In fact, I count my children as my greatest accomplishment. As soon as photos from this afternoon's event are available, I will post some more.

No comments: