Thursday, April 26, 2012

An Early Prsidential Projection Map

There will be countless versions of maps that claim to project the outcome of the 2012 presidential election.  The map above from Huffington Post cannot make too many Republicans feel warm and fuzzy.  The back up analysis based on recent polls can be viewed here.  Not surprisingly, Virginia is viewed as a toss up state.  While I am by no means in love with Obama, the GOP and the ever flip flopping Mitt Romney make it difficult not to be rooting for an Obama victory in November.

2 comments:

Jack Scott said...

It's all in the eye of the beholder Michael. I don't find it difficult at all NOT to be rooting for Mr. Obama.

Obama is a likable guy. No doubt about it. But he has, by any fair analysis been a failure as a President just as by any fair analysis he was a failure as a U.S. Senator.

Is Mitt the perfect candidate? Far from it, but I'd bet everything I own that after four years with Romney at the helm we'll be better off than after four more years with Mr. Obama at the helm.

Jack Scott

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

I'm less worried about Romney if he were left to his own decision making - how he governed in Massachusetts would be acceptable to me. However, given the forces in the GOP he would be seeking to please if elected, I suspect he would act far different than he did in Massachusetts.

Frankly, given the far right batshitery going on in Virginia under GOP control, I strongly suspect that we would NOT be better off. Jack, I love you, but dump out your cup of Kool-Aid.