Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Newt Gingrich Claims He'd Want Sarah Palin in His Administration

As further proof that Newt Gingrich will say and do anything to pander to the Christianist/Tea Party base of the Republican Party, Politico is reporting that Gingrich has stated that he'd want Sarah Palin to be part of his White House administration should he win in November 2012. Newt apparently missed the fact that the mindless and ignorant Palin likely highhandedly cause John McCain's loss in 2008. If I despised Gingrich before, this disgusting pandering is enough to make me want to wretch. Palin isn't qulaified to be dog catcher in Wasilla much less be a cabinet member. Here are highlights from Politico:

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Newt Gingrich described Sarah Palin's comments about how she would vote for him if she lived in South Carolina as an "endorsement," and said he'd ask her to join a Gingrich administration:


"Gov. Palin is somebody who I think was a very good reform governor. She was extraordinarily effective negotiating with big oil. She did a good job in the state of Alaska. I think she’s a very articulate leader of the tea party conservative movement. I was honored and delighted last night when she said if she were in South Carolina, she’d vote for Newt Gingrich. I hope everybody who likes her decides she’s right. And I hope they vote for me.

"Certainly, she’s one of the people I’d call on for advice. I would ask her to consider taking a major role in the next administration if I’m president, but nothing has been discussed of any kind. And it wouldn’t be appropriate to discuss it at this time.

"I’m just delighted that she and Todd have been both of them so supportive of my candidacy. And they recognize that, you know, I’m a tea party Reform conservative. I’m not part of the Washington establishment. And I think that’s the signal that her endorsement last night really sends."

Gingrich isn't part of the Washington establishment? Does anyone have a vomit bag handy?

No comments: