Friday, October 14, 2011

Finally Headed to Europe


Some readers have asked where I am currently - I'm in Norfolk this morning and then the boyfriend and I and two friends (another gay couple) fly out to Barcelona a little after noon today. Yesterday was chaos at the office trying to get things done before my departure and naturally just to make things a major pain in the you know where the main copier/scanner/ fax machine decides to go down. I'm headed tot he office extra earlier to meet the repair folks, get some more closing documents signed and then off to the airport to meet the boyfriend and our friends who will take my luggage to the airport with them. I will definitely need an adult beverage by the time I get on the plane!

This trip is my gift to the boyfriend as a "thank you" for all he's put up with over the last 3+ years - the last drama of my contentious divorce, other family issues, including the loss of my mother, and the stress of having a solo practice in this economy - and for being a sweetheart in general although he does have his "yes, mein fuhrer" moments when he's not being "Martha Stewart."

We finished packing late last night, the house sitter/dog sitter arrangements are in place, I have back up arranged for my office staff, and hopefully after this morning we can escape for a needed break. As noted yesterday, I will try to post on the trip as we do a loop around the western Mediterranean on the Liberty of the Seas.

No comments: