Friday, September 23, 2011

A Sincere Thank You to Readers

As the counter on this blog on the lower right indicates, since I first added the counter, the blog has had over 250,000 distinct visitors from 198 countries. More over, the behind the scenes analytics on the blog indicate that currently the blog is receiving over 27,000 pages views per month. Compared to some blogs, it's still petty ante, but I am truly amazed and humbled that so many of you have found my efforts of interest and that some of you have been amazingly loyal since the very beginning of the effort.

This blog began as a form of therapy for me when I truly needed it desperately during some of my very, very dark days of my coming out journey and horrific divorce saga. It also served as a means for me to share my journey and hopefully allow others to benefit from my mistakes and my my successes along the way as well. It has been amazing to hear stories from others literally around the globe in reaction. One of the hardest things in coming out is the feeling at times that one is utterly alone. Time and time again readers made it clear that I was never truly alone. And for that I cannot thank you all enough.

3 comments:

Theaterdog said...

You deserve it.

Jack Scott said...

Congratulations on reading the quarter of a million viewer mark Michael. Quite an achievement.

I know it may seem as if I stay on your case too much. Actually, from my point of view, its a concerns me that I have to agree with you as often as I do.

I think all of us who blog may disagree about issues and the details of issues. What we share in common is a genuine concern for our fellow men. A concern so great that we are compelled to put ourselves out front and vulnerable to attack.

Best wishes for the next quarter of a million views.

Jack Scott

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Thank you to both of you.

I've never been one to bite my tongue - at least not since I have gotten older.

I was blessed to be raised by extremely ethical parents who never backed down from calling out what they saw as wrong. It wasn't always to their benefit, but they always cared about others and what was right.

My three children seem to have inherited that trait.