Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Waiting For My Mother's Impending Death

As I mentioned in a post last week, my mother's health has been deteriorating rapidly after battling cancer for over 14 years. She moved to a hospice in Charlottesville earlier in the week and has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Last night we children all received a call at 3:15 AM that things were looking grim. We don't know at this point whether she will make it through the day or not. Blogging will be spotty at best. I am putting up this post since I know that some long time readers will be on the verge of checking on me. I thank them in advance for the loyalty and concern. The photo above is from the beach at our summer home in the Adirondacks which fortunately my mother got to see one last time this past summer. It is one of her favorite places in the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear this news...our wishes are with you and your family...

Carole said...

It's a beautiful picture that speaks of being calm and serene. May some of that peace bring you comfort, knowing that your mother was able to go there, and that she is being surrounded by your love and care now. God bless.