Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Memorial Service for My Mother

As promised previously, I am providing an update on the memorial service for my late mother. The memorial service will be held on January 29, at 11:00 AM at First Lutheran Church, 1301 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia 23517 (located in the Ghent section of Norfolk). Following the service, a reception will follow for those wishing more time with family members attending the service.
*
I sincerely want to thank all of my blog readers and friends who have been so amazingly supportive. Your post comments, e-mails - and the sweet card from Dave in Pensacola have all meant a great deal to me.
*
As noted before, friends and readers are welcomed to make a donation in memory/honor of my mother, Marion Hibben Phelps Hamar to a charity of their choice. One charity that I might suggest is Hospice House of the Piedmont (pictured above) where my mother spent her last few days. Contact information is as follows:
*
Hospice of the Piedmont
675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300
Charlottesville, VA 22911
*
If anyone does decide to make a donation, include my mother's name and use my name and office address as the point of notification. Donations can be made online here.

1 comment:

Carole said...

It will be a beautiful service for a lovely lady. Our hearts and prayers will be with you. God bless.