Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rare Tidewater Major Snowfall


Sadly, our get together with my family today is canceled as Hampton Roads gets hit by a major snow - at least by local standards - with 8 inches on the ground at the about 8:45 AM with snow falling at a rate of 2-3 inches per hour in some areas. The photos on this post were taken a little before 9:00AM (the cars had been swept off only a few minutes before the photo was taken). My older two children will have to stay in Charlottesville another day and my youngest will stay home at my house in Norfolk where she lives. Bandit, our dog - a very spoiled full sized Chihuahua - is not a happy camper whatsoever since he doesn't even like to get his feet in the snow. It will be a day for hanging at the house and staying indoors.

1 comment:

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

Aw, what a cutie! Hope you had a nice day cuddling with Bandit, anyway!
It didn't seem much like Christmas for me this year either. My father died November 28. He had always been a very festive fellow at Christmas, decorating quite a noteworthy tree, until he had the stroke in 2004. He had been declining for years. I was going to decorate a beautiful tree in his honor but somehow couldn't bring myself to it.