Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Leadership Failure at the White House

This tidbit from Pam Spaulding shows just how worthless our "fierce advocate" in the White House has become. It's beyond depressing and only makes me want to wash my hands of any dealings with the Democratic Party. We been lied to and now thrown under the bus - yet again. I hope Obama enjoys the results of his vote suppressing actions:
*
UPDATE @ 10:39 PM: Shortly after I wrote this post, I was informed by someone involved with this process that the White House is not lobbying fence-sitting senators to reach the magic 60 votes. Here's what I was told:
*
As we all know, without a fierce effort and person-to-person advocacy from Obama himself (or at least his senior-most staff), Senators have little reason to change their minds and support debating the Defense Authorization bill. Never did I think I'd see the day when Lady Gaga would do more to advocate for repeal of DADT than our president who campaigned on equality.
*
It's stunning really. And, they wonder why the base is depressed.

*
By this afternoon we will know what the fate will be of DADT repeal. If the Democrats fail to act unanimously, I'm walking: sign in the yard comes down, the Nye event on Sunday is canceled, and the boyfriend and I may seriously consider not voting on November 2, 2010. Why bother being involved if our "friends" are no better than our enemies in the final vote count.

No comments: