Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Prop 8 Ruling

UPDATED: Wahoooo!!! I have a copy of the 138 page opinion and will review it once my non-profit board meeting ends. Needless to say I am HAPPY! Walker reached the only logical and honest conclusion of law and fact in my view.
*
I have signed up to receive an e-mail update as soon as the results of Judge Walker's ruling in Perry v. Schwarzenegger are known. The opinion when released will be available on the Court's website and I will give my reactions and legal analysis as soon as practicable.Since the opinion is to be released between 4:00 and 7:00 PM Eastern Time, how soon I get get a post up will depend on scheduled client meetings and then a non-profit board meeting this evening.
*
I am trying to remain hopefully optimistic. From following the case, knowing the talents of the lead plaintiffs' counsel, not to mention all of my research in the Michael Moore v. Virginia Museum of Natural History case, I know that the law IS ON THE SIDE OF THE PLAINTIFFS. The issue is whether or not Judge Walker has the balls to follow the law and not given in to more special rights for who engage in religious based anti-gay discrimination. In the Moore case, the Virginia Supreme Court lacked the courage to do the right thing and let the lower court ruling stand without explanation - truly the cowardly way out.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I was pleased by the lengthy review of the "case" put forward by defenders of Prop. 8, and especially their pseudo-expert Blankenhorn.