Sunday, June 06, 2010

Farewell to Key West

This morning the boyfriend and I are saying farewell to Key West - at least for now - and heading back to the Hampton/Norfolk area. It has been a great trip and very relaxing. The resort where we have been staying, The Oasis, is filling up to capacity as Key West Pride approaches next week and obviously, we wish we could stay longer. As has been the case with past visits, we have met a number of great guys here at the guest house, including a couple from Richmond, Virginia. Like the boyfriend and I, they talk of one day leaving anti-gay Virginia for a more welcoming place to retire.
*
For anyone who has never visited Key West, I recommend it highly. The laid back, live and let live attitude is wonderful. So is the natural beauty of the island and the surrounding area. We'll be back again - of that I'm certain. Provided we get home on schedule, I will post this evening.

1 comment:

oceansmiles said...

I'm glad you had a good time- I love Key West. Papa Hemingway's house is one of my favorite places on the planet. (Spoken like a true literary buff...)