Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rehoboth Weekend

Nearly a year ago the boyfriend bought a weekend package at a B&B (the Royal Rose Inn - pictured above) in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware at a silent auction at Equality Virginia's Commonwealth Dinner. Since the package is about to expire, we are driving up this morning for the weekend. The weather forecast sucks, but then it sucks here as well, so if one must endure a rainy weekend, we might as well have a change of scenery. I also have friends who now live in Rehoboth so it we also give us a chance to visit. It's been years since I was up there to visit them. With the traveling, blog posts will be perhaps irregular, but I will put up as many as time allows.
*
We are a little slow on the uptake this morning because the boyfriend did something so typical of him that demonstrates what a sweet guy he is: an 86 year old friend's cat - which is like her child - was in distress last evening so he took her and the cat to a 24/7 animal hospital in Virginia Beach last night. He did not return home until after 1:30 AM. I am happy to report that the cat will recover thanks to receiving medical attention and the boyfriend is sleeping in a little later than usual. He does so much for others and is truly one of the sweetest, most loving guys I have ever known. I'm not sure at times what he sees in me, but I am so very lucky to have him in my life.

No comments: