Friday, March 12, 2010

Possible Radio Interview

It seems thatat last some are realizing that a case involving employment discrimination based on sexual orientation is actually pending in the Virginia Courts - i.e., Moore V. Virginia Myseum of Natural History. I received an e-mail from a Richmond radio station seeking an interview. Here are highlights:
*
Dear Mr. Hamar:
*
It's my understanding you represented a gentleman by the name of Michael Moore who was dismissed by the supervisor at the Virginia Museum of Natural History in Martinsville Circuit Court. Obviously, as an attorney who's experienced the situation first-hand, I would honor the opportunity to speak with your for a radio news story on the situation... even under what was then Governor Kaine's executive order. I think you'll have a lot to say about a need to codify anti-discrimination based on sexual orientation.
*
News Anchor/Reporter
WRVA Radio/Virginia News Network
*
What is interesting in this case is that the Attorney General's office is making arguments directly opposed to statements made in McDonnell's Executive Directive 1 (2010). I hate interviews and hope this one will be on the air so that my statements do not get revised bu reporters less knowledgable on the issues. I will keep readers posted.

No comments: