Monday, October 05, 2009

Weekend Reflections

The event at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Expo was a lot of fun and my office manager and I made a lot of contacts and did a great deal of networking both with other exhibitors at the event and attendees. The venue at Regent University was beautiful and overall, it was a successful event. In fact, I signed up to host the February, 2010, after hours networking event for the Hispanic Chamber at our offices.
*
On the drive back from Virginia Beach, I had a wonderful telephone conversation with a reader from the West Coast who had e-mailed me and asked that I call. We have spoken on a few other occasions on Prop 8 and other issues, but this call was all about encouraging me to keep the proper perspective and things to keep in mind in order to fend off future meltdowns and suicidal impulses. It is another example of how this blog and the kindness and concern of readers has done so much to keep me going in the darkest of hours. As a part of the follow up to last week's complete melt down and TDO, I will begin seeing a therapist on Tuesday (tomorrow) which will be followed up later in the month with an appointment with a psychiatrist who can hopefully review my meds and perhaps come up with a better program.
*
By the time most readers read this post I will be in court for yet another hearing at the instigation of the ex-wife. I will hope for the best - even though I have no faith in the Virginia judicial system - and if I am not satisfied with the outcome an appeal will be filed that will seek to (1) reverse the lower court action and (2) revisit the issue of sanctions against the former wife's attorney. Hopefully, it will come out to the court that the ex-wife turned down an offer that would have resulted in her being fully paid in exchange for the waiver of an ability to harass me further in the future.
*
To keep me distracted yesterday, the boyfriend and I went up to a large art show in Williamsburg, Virginia where we met a friend. The art show was set out on a portion of Colonial Williamsburg (pictured in the photo above) and down a street adjacent to the College of William and Mary. It was a truly gorgeous day - October is in many ways the nicest month in this area - and it was most enjoyable. Blueberry vodka martinis and xanax got me through the evening and the night. Obviously, I am taking more xanax to make it through the court hearing in which my office manager and the boyfriend will likely also be witnesses. I will let readers know the out come later today.

2 comments:

Java said...

Good luck in court today! I'm thinking of you.

carole said...

What an amazing weekend you had. Don't know how you do it all... business expo, prepare for court, put out several blogs and go to Williamsburg. Whew! Incrdeible energy. Thanks for ALL!