Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tomorrow's Postings - NEM Sunday

The boyfriend and I will be catching a bus - one of several leaving Hampton Roads - at 7:00AM to travel to Washington, D.C., with a group of other LGBT Virginians attending the National Equality March. As a result, I will not have Internet access and will not be doing live postings tomorrow. I have written some posts that will automatically publish tomorrow morning and in the event we get home before it is too terribly late, I may do a preliminary update on our experience. The D.C. weather forecast is for clear and sunny tomorrow, and I surely hope that such will be the case.
*
The boyfriend will be acting as my photographer and I am hoping that with press credentials I may get an interesting interview or two. Whether or not Obama and the Congressional Democrats pay any note to those of us assembling tomorrow, I believe the March will energize people to not be satisfied with the crumbs being doled out to us at present and that a younger generation of leaders with more energy and a willingness to press demands for equality will be moved to step forward. We need more inspired leaders and few ass kissers like Joe Solmonese and his cohorts at HRC.

1 comment:

Melissa Hart said...

Michael,
Soory I haven't gotten back sooner to you with my email address to get the information you had told me about the last time we spoke. Also-David and I need to talk with you someime this week-are you working tomorrow? If not-perhaps we can come into the office on Tuesday if you wil not be there tomorrow. My email address is mah7139@yahoo.com
I look forward to the information that will be shared by you to help me to help my son understand himself during this time of gowing! Thank you so much! Take Care and hope you and Barry enjoyed the trip to D.C and the weather as well! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year!! Melissa