Saturday, October 17, 2009

Buju Banton: 'There is No End to the War Between Me and Faggot'

When I did some previous posts taking Buju Banton to task for his hatefully homophobia and lamenting that a local venue had provide Banton with a site for a performance, I received an number od nasty comments that accused me of ignorance, not understanding that Banton wasn't a bigot, etc. Since the comments were anonymous, they were rejected as is how I typically handle anonymous posts from those who are too cowardly to put their name and face behind their nasty remarks. Now, Banton has confirmed that my condemnation was correct all along and that he is indeed a jackass and hate filed homophobe. I can just imagine to uproar were gays to call for the murder of blacks or Jamaicans. As is usually the case with bigots, they want one standard applied to themselves and a wholly different one applied to their critics. I also have to wonder if Banton realizes that the loudest homophobes are in reality the ones who secretly want gay sex themselves. Maybe Banton secretly lusts to be a big old bottom. Here are some highlights from the Jamaica Observer:
*
International reggae artiste Buju Banton, who this week met with gay activists in San Francisco, says he will not "surrender" to the group's philanthropy proposals as they would contradict his religion and culture. Banton also said his concert that night was pepper-sprayed following the meeting with the gay lobby.
*
"This is a fight, and as I said in one of my songs 'there is no end to the war between me and faggot' and it's clear. The same night after I met with them (gay associates), they pepper-sprayed the concert. So what are you trying to tell me?" claimed Banton who phoned Mutabaruka's Cutting Edge talk-show on Wednesday in order to clarify his meeting in the US gay capital. "I owe dem nothing, they don't owe I nothing."
*
There you have it straight from the bigots own mouth. I hope God judges him as harshly as he has judged and belittled GLBT individuals.

No comments: