Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weekend Reflections of Life

Several readers have asked what's going on with me on a persoanl level, so I figure I will give a brief update of sorts. First, last weekend I had written about the wedding we attended at the Founders Inn in Virginia Beach next door to sociopath Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network. The event was wonderful not withstanding that the boyfriend forgot his tuxedo pants and attended the beautiful outdoor ceremony in formal dress combined with shorts (that's us at left with the shorts cropped out) - another guest rescued him and loaned him pants for the reception festivities. True to the Inn's promise to the bride, there were plenty of gay and lesbian couples dancing together without incident and based on the event, I'd recommend the Founders Inn for someone seeking a beautiful setting for a wedding or other large event.
*
In terms of my house fire, I am still dealing with the contractor and insurance adjuster to get a final price on the repairs so that repair work can proceed. I have secured another tenant for the house so that I will be better able to increase payments to my former wife and get her fully out of my life more quickly. I have moved a few of my favorite pieces of furniture plus some of my books - I have tons of books - and family photos to the boyfriend's home, but the bulk of my things remain at the house which is rented out on a furnished basis. In terms of the post divorce wars, my attorney is endeavoring to work out a compromise so that we can avoid further court hearings that needlessly waste money and send me into an emotional/psychological tail spin. I still find that I need xanax to sleep through the night, although I am definitely considerably better than I was back in May when I had gone into a severe and dangerous free fall.
*
The boyfriend continues to be an anchor and safe harbor my life and between him and my youngest daughter, I have my family base. My oldest daughter is still not speaking to me and my son is out in Oregon, so my youngest daughter has been a life saver to me. It's odd in some ways because my coming out and the divorce caused her the most direct turmoil in her life, yet she seems to hold no grudge and has stated that she believes that my coming out was a positive for the family. While a straight person can never fully understand the Hell of being in the closet and what it does to one emotionally, she does seem to get it more than one would expect. She is a real sweetheart and I love her so very much. There are definitely times I wish she'd move in with us.
*
Next month we will be traveling to southwest Pennsylvania for the boyfriend's family reunion extravaganza -one day is his mother's family reunion and the next day is his father's side of the family's reunion event. One of my paralegals and his boyfriend will stay at our house and baby sit Bandit, our full size Chihuahua, since we will be staying at an inn in Pennsylvania. They are a sweet couple and Bandit loves them and vice versa. While in Pennsylvania we are going to see two of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses: Falling Water - built over a waterfall - and Kentuck Nob. Other than business trips to Pittsburgh, I have never been to that part of Pennsylvania. It should be a fun, brief get away.
*
One thing that I am enjoying is writing some pieces for Bilerico-DC and working with some of the other bloggers and editors. Our goal is to try to have both news and opinion pieces that are fact based and hard hitting. Sometimes the posts I do are modified versions of what appears on this blog and other times they are unique to Bilerico.

No comments: