Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Reflections and HR Pride

Today is the day of Hampton Roads Pride's "Out in the Park" event which was timed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots. We will be headed over to the event in Chesapeake where I will be working since I am on the board of HR Pride. It looks like we have a wonderful day weather wise and I hope local readers will try to attend the event at Chesapeake City Park off of Greenbrier Parkway. The event runs from noon to 5:00 pm. There will be food, musical acts, and a beer tent as well a display of the History Project which traces the history of the LGBT community in Hampton Roads through the years.
*
I have not posted since Friday morning due to a very busy weekend to date. Friday evening, we had a wonderful couple over for dinner who are long time clients of the boyfriend's salon. They are very gracious and have embraced me as the new love interest in the boyfriend's life. Yesterday was crazy and began with us helping pack up a friend's 85 year old mother who is moving to North Carolina. We were at her house at 7:15 am to help load the truck. That was followed by a therapy session with my youngest daughter and then preparing for another dinner party at our home. We entertained two of the boyfriend's clients - two gracious and lively women - and one of the other stylists from the salon. .
*
The food for both dinners was amazing and presented in "camera ready" form, thereby further justifying why I call the boyfriend "Martha Stewart." I like to cook, but I'm not in his league - I'm the table setter, dishwasher and scullery help and leave the artistic creation to him.

No comments: