Monday, May 18, 2009

The Boyfreind

I tease him frequently and affectionately call him "Martha Stewart" because of his amazing cooking, house keeping and design skills, but the boyfriend is a true treasure. He truly rates as one of the sweetest, kindest, and most compassionate individuals I have ever known. I came across some lyrics to an old song from the movie Footloose that aptly describe him even though he protests that he is nothing special. I disagree. Here are the words that I found descriptive of him:
*
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
*
I am a very lucky man - the boyfriend is truly an amazing guy and I think he greatly depreciates how unique and wonderful he is. I just wanted to tell the world that I love him and I think that he's very, very special. He holds my hand trough good times and bad and he means more to me than he will likely ever know.

No comments: