Friday, April 24, 2009

The Boyfriend

To give some of you peace of mind, I'm spending more time at the boyfriend's home rather being alone at my place which is when my depression seems to be at its worse. He is such a sweet soul and for reasons I do not comprehend is very much in love with me - as I am with him. While the commute to work is more challenging - my house is less than 5 minutes from the office - the peace and improved mindset that he brings me is worth the traffic challenge (actually, it's less of a drive mileage wise than when I was married and lived in Virginia Beach) and the dread Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. Fortunately, by leaving a little later (but still being at the office by 9:00AM), most of the gridlock has subsided. The trade off is that I return later in the day so that the evening traffic has likewise subsided.
*
Ultimately, if we feel that living together works, I will likely move in and lease my house out - since it is just blocks from Old Dominion University, it should rent for enough to cover the mortgage and some maintenance, thus freeing up money that can be used to pay off the ex-wife and get her permanently out of my life. The boyfriend is the first person I've ever had in a relationship that wants to completely take care of me as opposed to me taking care of them. My nickname for him is "Martha Stewart" since he is a fabulous cook, has a beautiful house, and entertains will great style and panache. Tonight we're going to a Red Cross fundraiser at the Mariner's Museum and next Thursday, we will be ambassadors for Dining Out for Life at a restaurant called 99 Main in Newport News.

No comments: