Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Reflections

Yesterday Norfolk had the dubious distinction of having the Chimperator and his father in town for the commissioning of the 10th and last of the Nimitz class aircraft carriers which is named for George H.W. Bush. The ship itself - apart from having the Chimperator and honoring a Bush - is actually quite amazing and a true engineering feat. Currently, the Nimitz class of carriers are the largest warships in the world, carry a crew of over 3,000, and are the home of 80 aircraft.
*
I did not post at all yesterday inasmuch as the day was more or less non-stop from early morning, with me first meeting with a group of real estate investors for a small group seminar, lunch with my daughters, showing my house to prospective tenants - the current roommate was laid off from his job and is moving out - and then a dinner party at the boyfriend's place last evening. He continues to demonstrate that he is a kind, loving and wonderful guy and he brings me much happiness.
*
Later today we are going to a meeting that will review thew Legends Gala event in November, 2008, and also begin the recruitment of volunteers for the 2009 event. I am sure that I will serve on the committee again this year and will host all of the committee meetings at my office once again.
*
Meanwhile, this coming Thursday, the boyfriend is hosting HRBOR's Third Thursday business networking event in downtown Hampton. Details are available at http://www.hrbor.org/.

No comments: