Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Readers - Charlie from West Pittsburgh

UPDATED: Today (January 15, 2009)I received another contribution - this time from a reader in Blommington, Indiana for which I am most appreciative. Every little bit helps towards retiring the $35,000+ I need to be rid of the former wife once and for all. Thank you for the contribution!
*
In the mail today I received a beautiful letter and a contribution to the "Michael Freedom Fund" from Charlie, a 20 year old reader from West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (The photo is not Charlie, but since he says he appreciates the "Male Beauty" posts, I added some beauty to this post). :) First, I want to thank Charlie for his contribution towards paying off and freeing me fully from the ex-wife. If I had the means to do so, I'd pay her off in full tomorrow. Unfortunately, the current economy has hit my firm hard as is the case with so many other businesses and that's not a possibility at present.
*
More importantly, I want to thank Charlie for his sweet sentiments and words of encouragement for me to keep this blog going. I try to be informative in the stories I post and also to share my story so that others can either avoid pitfalls or perhaps find some comfort in the fact that others have been able to survive the coming out journey and move on to happy lives. I truly believe that by sharing our stories we comfort each other and ultimately make ourselves as stronger as a community. Only someone who is gay and who has made the coming out journey can fully understand the emotional upheaval involved. If nothing else, knowing that one is not some lone freak often makes an immeasurable difference.
*
Charlie, I wish you the best of luck in your own coming out journey and hope you find self-acceptance which is so empowering. I also hope you will keep on reading this blog and I thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your thoughtfulness and kindness. Oh, and I will be dedicating a Male Beauty post to you in a later post. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is Charlie from West Pittsburg. I'm glad you got my donation in the mail. Again, it's not much, but I still hope it helps.

I meant everything I said in that letter. The opinions you share truly are an inspiration to me. In fact, it's been helping me out with my own coming out process. I'm hoping that if other young gay people found this great blog of yours, they would find the inspiration to become who they really are as well.

So keep up the great work, Michael! You're doing the LGBT community proud!

P.S.: Thank you for dedicating a Male Beauty post to me. I'll say it again: you have great taste! :D