Monday, December 22, 2008

Free Michael Fund - Update

To my surprise, I received a check for $50.00 today from readers in San Francisco making a contribution for the "Free Michael Fund." I am stunned - and humbled - that someone would actually take the time to write out a check and address an envelop and send money for my benefit. The funds will be used to make additional payments to my former wife - since she hates the blog, it will probably tick her off that readers sent money to me - and incrementally moved up the date when I can finally be free from her.
*
I must admit that I was rather depressed this morning even though I had a nice weekend with the boyfriend and my daughters and had experienced wonderful, accepting treatment from several of my boyfriend's straight friends over the weekend. Opening the note with the check was a terrific surprise and moral booster.
*
I am working to put a paypay pal donation button on the blog, but to date it's not working correctly. In the interim, if anyone else wants to help me out, please make your checks out to "Michael Hamar" so that I can easily deposit them with my bank. As for the generous donors form San Francisco, I want to extend a huge THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: