Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reflections on A Committed Relationship

As regular readers know, I have entered into a new committed relationship relatively recently and so far it has been wonderful. In truth, at times I find myself baffled as to how/why someone could love me as he does. True, we are still learning more about each other and our respective past lives, but I can clearly feel and sense his unique inner goodness. He is truly a very giving and loving person. I believe that we can side step some of the pitfalls that often plague relationships and that have in fact played a part in driving me away from former love interests. I am by nature someone who is inclined to assume the best of others until they prove themselves otherwise and he seems to approach people with a similar perspective. In addition, neither of us seems the type to assume to know the thoughts and motivations of others. I continue to be so thankful to have him in my life.

No comments: