Monday, October 06, 2008

Incredible Weekend


I had one of the nicest weekends in a very long time. Not only was the weather perfect - mid-70's by day and cool 50's at night - but the visit to Charlottesville with my boyfriend was so much fun and so relaxing. He is truly a treasure and he seemed totally comfortable with my sometimes eccentric family. Since he had never really spent any time in Charlottesville, it was fun showing him around the Jeffersonian part of the University of Virginia grounds as well as the small, charming city itself. We also made a pilgrimage to the "Winter Palace," the one time home of Anna Anderson who was once my neighbor.
*
On the way back we detoured and visited Barboursville Vineyards (pictured above - the ruins are of the home a mansion designed by Thomas Jefferson for James Barbour, Virginia's first post-independence governor, which burned in 1884) for some wine tasting. Then we stopped in Richmond to see my youngest daughter who attends college there and a casual dinner in the Fan District. We had a great visit and both my b/f and my daughter seemed to hit it off extremely well.
*
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and a brief get away that I very much needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael,
I am so happy for you. I think you said it best when you have to be happy with yourself to be open to a relationship. I am closeted and that has not happened to me. I feel it never will, but that is my fault. Good luck.