Monday, September 29, 2008

The Rantings of An Uber Christianist Lunatic

This morning I did a post discussing Google's decision to oppose Proposition 8 which would take away the right of gays to marry in California. I guess I should have known that the post would be simply too much for the Uber Christian crowd - who think this country exists ONLY for them and their fanatic beliefs and take a f*ck everyone else approach to legal rights - to pass up. Sure enough, I received a loony as bat shit comment from someone who used the name Karen Grube (the profile was bogus since "Karen" is apparently a gutless wonder) letting loose hate directed at Google's Sergey Brin, the California Supreme Court, and of course gays.
*
Among the writer's rantings were the standard thread about boycotting Google. Frankly, given the extreme ignorance and anti-knowledge/intelligence mindset of most Christianists, I was a bit surprised he/she was savvy enough to set up a bogus blogger profile. However, he/she made up for that surprise by ranting on ad nauseaum in favor of what best can be described as mob majority (i.e., lynch mob) rule. The writer demonstrated that they were utterly clueless as to the separation of powers among the executive, judicial, and legislative branches of government and the role of the courts in PROTECTING the rights of minorities from the majority.
*
As I have noted before, one has to wonder how people end up so delusional and full of hate that they embrace a hate based version of religion and seek to marginalize - or worse - minority groups who differ from them in skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I can only conclude that someone that takes such a course has SERIOUS emotional and mental health issues them self. "Karen Grube" certainly struck me as one in need of very serious mental health (probably residential) treatment. That he/she thought I'd publish their comments is equally delusional. My policy is to never expose my readers to bat shit crazy, hate-filled bile written by those whose parents sadly failed to use effective birth control.

No comments: