Sunday, June 22, 2008

Romance Front Update and This and That

Since a number of readers are asking in their e-mails, let it be known that my brief dating trend that I reference briefly with one particular guy that started a month or so ago has ended - I think in essence, we were just too different and not all that compatible. However, all is not lost. :) There appear to be some possible prospects on the horizon. It's still way to early in the process to know for sure where things will lead, but I remain optimistic and - if things move the way that I hope they will - I will report at some future point to satisfy "inquiring minds."
*
Meanwhile, I went to a great birthday party last night for one of my fellow HRBOR board members up in the Ocean View area of Norfolk. Good food, good adult beverages, and good music contributed to make it a very good time. A couple of "eye candy" quality guys did not hurt either. I did find myself chuckling to myself a few times, however, since the crowd was mostly lesbians, but they surely did not fit the straight world stereotype of what lesbians look like. Many were so-called lipstick lesbians who were knockouts. The Christianists would have had their narrow-minded bigotry blown away. On the way home, I stopped at The Wave and got an aerobic workout dancing.
*
As for today, I'm not sure what the day will bring. It's not even 11:00 AM and I've been up for hours thanks to my dog who decided he just HAD to go out early this morning. I've had plenty of time to read the news online, search for some new "male beauty" photos, do this morning's blog posts and I will probably do yard work in a bit (it's been very dry, so mowing the grass will be mainly cutting down spotty weeds and self-seeded plum trees that spring up from pits spead all over the yard by birds who always get the ripe plims on my plum tree before I do). Why is it what you don't want to grow always seems grow far faster than the grass. After that, I may just sun in the backyard rather than journey to the beach. Once again, the waves are flat and surf conditions are poor, which seems to be the usual weekend drill of late. If I am lucky, I may hear from a certain someone later in the day. :)

1 comment:

Java said...

Good luck on the dating front. And yes, please keep us informed!