Monday, May 05, 2008

Richmond Whirlwind Trip

Yesterday I had an very enjoyable day with my youngest daughter and the move-out of her things from her dorm when smoothly and efficiently. Surprisingly, the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel ("HRBT") offered no delays and the forecasted thunderstorms never materialized. We had a very nice time talking and catching up and then concluded the trip by dining at a Ghent Mexican restaurant before she headed back to Virginia Beach with the balance of her stuff that I am not storing for the summer. She is a terrific young lady. :)
Later in the evening she stopped back by with one her girl friends who I have known since infancy and the friend's boyfriend. They have just moved into an apartment a few blocks from my office and are quickly coming to enjoy the amenities of living in Ghent - like walking to nearby shops and restaurants and the Naro Theater - as opposed to suburban Virginia Beach where one must drive by car to do just about anything.
Schedule permitting, I may run by Mark Warner's campaign kick off late this morning fin connection with his campaign for U.S. Senator to be held at Nauticus, a naval museum adjoining the battleship Wisconsin, one of downtown Norfolk's tourist sites. I've already offered my office to his campaign in the evening for phone banking activities when needed.

1 comment:

Java said...

Our daughter comes home from her first year in college next Friday. I'm going to collect some of her stuff this Friday, so hopefully we won't be overburdened hauling her home next week.

Glad you had a good time with your "little girl."