Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Why Obama Will Be Stronger than Hillary in November

I was speaking to a client today about reviewing some documents for him and somehow in the course of our conversation, he asked me to guess who he was backing in the presidential primaries. Since my client is a retired military officer and a conservative gun owner type who in the past has voted solid Republican, my response was "I am almost afraid to ask." He laughed and said, that I'd be surprised and that we were in agreement. He then told me that he is backing Barack Obama because he is sick of all the dirty politics and that it is time for a real change in the direction of this country. He said everyone else has been in politics for years and it would be just more of the same if either McCain or Hillary were to be elected. I think the pundits have truly underestimated how strongly the American public wants something truly different - or at least to try to grasp something different for a change. That is why Obama has been surging.

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

Please oh please may you be right. He's just gotta the nomination first...