Monday, January 28, 2008

Senator Edward Kennedy on Why He Endorsed Obama

On his blog over at Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-edward-m-kennedy-/barack-obama_b_83668.html), Senator Ted Kennedy further expands on why Obama received his endorsement and pretty much drop kicks Hillary. Over the last 16 years this nation has had too much sleaze, dishonesty and nastiness in its leaders. I truly hope that Bill and Hillary get the message or at least save their foul tactics for use against the GOP and not fellow Democrats. Here are some highlights:

Earlier today I endorsed Barack Obama for president, and I couldn't be more excited for the Democratic Party, the nation -- and the world. Barack inspires me -- it's that simple. In the words of President Kennedy: The world is changing. The old ways will not do... It is time for a new generation of leadership." In Barack, I see that next generation of American leadership: a figure who can transcend the divisions in this country that my family and I have fought so hard to tear down.
But I'm not only supporting Barack because of what he has done. What counts in our leadership is not the length of years in Washington, but the reach of our vision, the strength of our beliefs, and that rare quality of mind and spirit that can call forth the best in our country and our people.

That's why I'm most excited about the promise of President Obama: As president, Barack Obama will break the Washington gridlock to finally make health care what it should be in America. He will turn the page on the old politics of misrepresentation and distortion and bridge the divisions of race, gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation that plague our country.
When Barack Obama raises his hand on Inauguration Day a new generation of American leadership will take charge and restore the hope, peace and prosperity the country so desperately needs. Looking out from the stage today, I realized just how powerful his campaign has become. It's a movement for change -- and one that I'm proud to be a part of.

No comments: