Monday, January 14, 2008

Is Hillary Clinton Turning into Karl Rove?

Like many Americans I am disgusted with politicians who use lies, misstatements and character assassination to further their own campaigns or larger political agendas. After seven years of Karl Rove's nasty and underhanded tactics, I am dismayed - although not surprised - that increasingly Hillary's campaign is looking more and more as if Karl Rove was hidden behind a curtain somewhere giving directions. Perhaps her ploys is working with some, but for me, I find each instance of deliberate lie or misrepresentation of Obama's record making me more inclined to vote for a Republican (other than Huckabee, of course) should Hillary be the Democrat nominee.
I suspect that I am not the only one voter feeling this way. To clear the record on some points, Richard Wolfe has a good piece in Newsweek that looks at Obama's true record as opposed to how it has been misrepresented by Bill and Hill (http://www.newsweek.com/id/91755/page/1). In addition, I believe that if Hillary undermines Obama through lies, innuendo and dirty tricks, she could find herself losing the black vote in November and possibly giving victory to the hapless GOP. This opinion piece in today's Washington Post is instructive (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/11/AR2008011103281.html?hpid=opinionsbox1). People truly do want - and one of the changes is an end to Rove style politics. Hillary, PLEASE stop the lies and sleaze.

No comments: