Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Martin

I went out with several friends this evening to celebrate the birthday of my dear friend Martin, pictured at right in the ABOVE PHOTO. Since coming out, Martin and his partner, Christopher (pictured at left of the photo), have been some of my dearest and most supportive friends. They have literally become family to me and in some ways saved my life. We had a great time at Empire, a tapas bar/restaurant on Granby Street in Norfolk, and then stopped by to see the young, hot, beautiful (but sadly straight) b/f of our friend Mary Beth who was with us. It was a fun evening and I hope the coming year brings happiness and success to Marty!! I also hope Mary Beth's secret "no-hang over" cure works!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got good friends, Michael. I envy you.

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

NG,

Yes, I know that I am lucky to have some of my wonderful friends. They may be a small number of really close friends, but quality makes up for quantity.

Anonymous said...

In retrospect, some of my now former friends weren't so bad - then. It's only now that they're balding and stuff that they've turned into assholes.

But there's an expression that goes something like the walls have ears..

And if walls could talk, there would be alot of building/house collapses.