Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dating and Relationships

My friend and fellow blogger, Euphoric, from Australia had a post today that really hit home and summed up my views on dating. Namely, that I don't like casual dating. Never did; still do not; never will. It's kind of funny that Vanyel, another blogger that is in our "inner circle" of friends has similar views. I guess that is perhaps why we relate to one another so well. In any event, here is a portion of Euphoric's post (http://www.realeuphoria.com/?p=1638):
I was just watching a special THS on Nicole Kidman and something she said reminded me of me. She stated “I don’t date casually, I get engaged and married”. That is exactly the kind of person I am. It reminded me that I’m not the only person out there who doesn’t really date. Technically I guess I do but I never start seeing someone unless I see a future.
For me, I am not going to waste my time dating unless I see a future. I am particular of who I see and only start seeing someone if I feel the potential. I started to think why that is and realised it’s because my ultimate goal is to be in a life long relationship so casual dating is only a distraction. I don’t have any need for casual. So when it comes to relationships I only care about long term. I admit I make mistakes and maybe somewhat delusional but at least I believe what I’m saying lol.
Perhaps part of my current feeling on this issue comes from my age. While in the past I disliked the nervousness and uncertainty of spending time with casual acquaintances, now I simply do not want to be wasting time on things that do not have a potential for something meaningful. I'd rather sit at home and read a good book or go dancing by myself on a Saturday night.

No comments: