Monday, December 24, 2007

Charlottesville, Christmas Eve


I made it here safely and luckily had no bad traffic to contend with - hopefully I will be lucky on the return trip. The photo above is of Jefferson's Monticello by candlelight (I drove past the entrance on the way to my mom's place). My mom is fine and I brought her a double chocolate cake from Rowena's - a specialty bakery in Norfolk owned by a friend of mine I know through the Ghent Business Association. My mom has pretty much everything she wants or needs, so a food gift is always welcome.In fact she has already sampled a piece.
We will be going to church with my sister and her family this evening and she will be hosting everyone at her place tomorrow. My brother and his wife and daughter will be doing an Episcopal service with my sister-in-laws parents tonight. I will miss not being at First Lutheran's midnight service which is gorgeous, but it will be nice to be with family even if it is at a Catholic Service. I forgot to pack my pride bracelet from this year's Pride, so I will not be visibly protesting.
I spoke with the ex-b/f on the drive up. We still miss each other a great deal. He is going to a Lutheran church tonight down in Charlotte. and will have dinner with his sister's family tomorrow. I also had a nice conversation with my son - he is working this evening and thinks the tips (he is working as a waiter currently) will be good from all the folks going out before going to the late church services.
I again hope that each and every one of you have a wonderful holiday. Dave, thanks for the phone call -I hope you day tomorrow is peaceful. Coming out and still living in the same house is NOT a fun experience. You will be in my thoughts.

1 comment:

Java said...

I'm glad you made it to your mom's place safely today. That picture of Monticello is beautiful. I guess you have to go with your mom to the Catholic service, huh? Could you not go with your brother to the Episcopal service? If I'm still awake then, my oldest daughter, Superman, and I will be attending the Episcopal service at 11:00 tonight.
Enjoy your Christmas, enjoy your family.