Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Son - Sunday Morning Update

I spoke to my son this morning (I will go visit him later this afternoon) and he seems to be continuing to improve and his blood counts remain good. His main complaint now is of hunger since he is not allowed to eat so as to avoid any added pressure on his spleen. He can only have sips of water and lifesavers. He's going nuts because he last ate on Friday afternoon. His mantra is I want a burrito!!

As I indicated in prior posts, I am really hoping that this whole situation begins a much needed healing process. My youngest sister and her son who is close to Pete's age visited him this morning and my sister said it went well and that he was very happy to see them. Since the divorce got so incredibly ugly and after my almost successful OD attempt last October 27th (2006), my sisters and the ex-wife really got hostile with each other. My sisters blamed her for me trying to OD - it was after a very nasty all day divorce hearing - and they have not spoken since then. The ex-wife was not there while they visited, which was probably a good thing. My sister works at Beach General and told Pete she'd visit again tomorrow when she's on duty. She said he seemed pleased.

1 comment:

Java said...

It does seem kind of soap opera-ish. I'm really glad Peter is improving. Thanks for the update.