Thursday, October 25, 2007

Introducing a New Blog - Discovering Pride's Weblog

I want to introduce a new blog to my readers that I am adding to my blog roll. I received an e-mail from Pat, a woman who was married with children who has gone through a coming out process that has some parallels to my own. Here’s how she describes her blog:

Discovering Pride (http://discoveringprideblog.wordpress.com/) is a coaching resource for homosexual men and women who are or were in a heterosexual marriage. The purpose of this blog is to present a forum for people to present their views, find kinship, cogitate, rant or generally just learn more about mixed orientation marriage. From time to time I will be adding thought-provoking posts on the subject and welcome your responses. I do reserve the right to delete comments that are disrespectful or inappropriate.

As for herself, Pat has the following to say: I’m Pat, a lesbian who was in a heterosexual marriage for 20 years–and for 15 of those years didn’t even realize I was gay! Talk about denial–that’s how far into the closet I was. As I began to come out, I realized I was not alone. I can’t find any hard statistics, but I do know that many of my lesbian and gay acquaintances have been previously married and there must be millions more that remain in heterosexual relationships. It is a very sad social situation which serves little purpose but to cause pain. My first post will pose my views on the reason it happens with such regularity
.

No comments: