Monday, July 09, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award Nominees

In follow up to my nomination for the Thinking Blogger’s Award by Jim at “Though Lovers Be Lost,” I wanted to post my own nominees for the award. It was a difficult choice since (a) I read a lot of blogs that make me think, and (b) some of my favorite blogs that I read daily have been previously nominated. Thus, after thinking it through, my nominees are as follows:

(1) Stephen at Gay Species (http://gayspecies.blogspot.com/) who can always find cracks and crevices in my comments and arguments large enough to accommodate a tractor trailer. Moreover, his command of the English language is remarkable.

(2) Don at Dondon009 (http://dondon009.blogspot.com/) who, while agreeing with many of my positions on issues, yet finds many interesting twists or varied applications.

(3) Bob Felton at Civil Commotion (http://www.civilcommotion.com/) who does a masterful job of reviewing issues concerning Religion, Law, and Politics, not to mention great quotes from the founding fathers of the USA and other historic figures.

(4) Bloggernista (http://bloggernista.com/) which engages in the public debates swirling around politics, culture, media, music, film, television, art and homosexuality.

(5) Pobble at Boston Pooble (http://bostonpobble.blogspot.com/) who provides me with feminine insights and commentary and likes my ideas of “male beauty.”

Anyone not mentioned, please do not take offense. I simply had too many folks in the running and only five slots. For the nominees, the rules are as follows:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote
(here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

4 comments:

dondon009 said...

Thank you for the honor!

I stopped by to comment on one of your previous posts, but this has left me speechless.... or mindless at the moment.

Rest assured, I will return~~

Now of course, nominating others will be not an easy task as you without a doubt would have been one of my first choices along with the Pobble.

DON

BostonPobble said...

Oh. Oh my. Well...thank you. Like Don, I'm somewhat speechless. Trust me, that's a feat. Wow...

Anonymous said...

I heartily agree with your 5 Michael... I was having a hard time picking only 5, I could have easily selected 20! Glad you and I share the same tastes in thinking bloggers!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks man I really appreciate it.