Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For the Record

For the record, it is after work hours as I type this and the other blog posts for today (7:33 PM to be exact as I got started). Some have suggested I should put in even more work hours as opposed to writing this blog in the evening or on weekends. It's one of my few hobbies and, as I have said, was strongly recommended by my therapist of almost five (5) years and is the ground work for an eventual book.
It was a long day and the trial went on for nearly six hours. The Court will issue a ruling in a few weeks, so until that time, I will say nothing further about the divorce.
After that exhausting experience, I came back to the office, met and/or talked with several clients, had some seller documents executed by a condo developer client, and got out several letters for clients and attended to a number of other client matters. I have a great staff and they kept all of the balls in the air while I was out of the office. I cannot say how much their loyalty means.
Also for the record, my house is about 5 minutes from my office - 10 minutes max if I get every possible red light - so I do not have a long commute. I can quickly be online while dinner is cooking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish your outcome well.

Writing (or blogging for that matter) is an extremely helpful self-analytic tool. Not only for evaluating oneself, but for evaluating issues of interest and concern. By expositing our ideas and views we tend to see their strengths and weakness in visual form. ("Journalizing," on the other hand, tends toward the solipsistic, but is still useful.) It's also very self-entertaining as it is a creative form of our arts, just more developed than children and crayons. Interestingly, as audiovisuals become more ubiquitous, so does print. While print and alphabets are certainly a more primitive form of communication, the singular advantage they have over the immediacy of A/V is one's added imagination that deciphering print requires. It's a great art form and genuinely therapeutic.