Monday, June 11, 2007

A Warning for Christian Fundamentalists and Their Would Be Victims

Regular readers will know that I consider myself a Christian and try my best to treat others in a true Christian manner. However, I have little use for religious extremists of any variety. The above photo illustrates the danger - at least in my opinion - in taking the Bible literally and as a 100% accurate history. No one can know all of God/Allah's intentions and plans, and to claim otherwise is to be a liar and evidences hubris on a massive scale.

2 comments:

daveincleveland said...

it has taken my years to align my faith and my sexuality into one, and have finally come to terms that God loves me for he made me, and since i did not choose this he bestowed this on me and so its ok....i think its more of a sin for the lies that i have led my wife to believe for all these years and not sure how to resolve that...only thing i can think of is to let her have anything she wants if it ever comes to that...hoping it will soon

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Dave, I understand your sense of guilt - been there and done that. However, I recommend that you NOT give her anything she wants. I have tried that and what happens is that nothing will ever be enough. Both you and your wife are victims of society's homophobia and the message of shame and hate disseminated by supposed Christians.