Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Musings



I did not post yesterday for the first time in weeks. After a lazy morning, we went to the beach in the Ocean View area of Norfolk (photos are posted above), arriving around noon. We went to the beach there because my Jeep is in the shop for repairs, so I had no way to get my surfboard to Oceanfront. In addition, Ocean View is not overrun by tourists, so we did not have strangers sitting almost on top of us.

It was very pleasant and relaxing and a treat to just do nothing. After the beach we ended up hanging out with friends and watching a crazy movie we find hysterical called "Sordid Lives," which has an all star cast and a serious message about coming out intermixed with the insanity. As a result, I never made it to the office where I do most of my Blogging because of better computer equipment and the files I have saved for the "Male Beauty" posts.

4 comments:

WD in KC said...

Leslie Jordan, who plays Brother Boy in Sordid Lives, was the guest narrator at the recent Heartland Men's Chorus concert "The Pink Carpet - Gays and Lesbians in Hollywood." He was a hoot and had the audience (and the chorus) in stitches. Jordan also seems to be a nice guy - no celebrity snootiness. Did you know he's only 4'11" tall? And that may be pushing it. I believe he'll be in the movie version of "Southern Baptist Sissies." Not much of a stretch for some of us - or him.

D-Man said...

Troy and I loved that movie.

daveincleveland said...

havn't seen it but sounds like i have to......and sometimes you just need a break, sounds like you guys had a good sunday

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Every now and then you have to have some "me time" my friend.