Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another of My Readers

I hope readers will check out Lyn's blog at http://lgbtboomers2.blogspot.com/. I am honored to have somehow made his short list of "friends he's met on the Internet." What's funny is that two of my other readers and fellow bloggers - Jim at Though Lovers Be Lost and Euphoric at Real Euphoria - are also on the short list.
Lyn's decision to come out to family and even more so on his blog makes me feel that perhaps I am achieving some of my purpose for doing this blog. Here's part of what Lyn said in a message to me and two other bloggers:

After reading your blogs now for a few days, I have decided to write a more honest blogger profile of myself . As I mention in the profile, I'm at and have been since last summer when my best friend Bill passed away, at a crossroad in my life.

And if I going to start coming out, even if only selectively for now, I may as well be honest in my profile for all to see. Thanks for your collective inspiration, even though you didn't have any idea you had given me any. Bloggers can hide behind their blogs and be who they are not, or be honest with their readers and lay the cards on the table.
I wish Lyn success with his blogs and I am sure he will be an inspiration to others of our mutual generation. I will continue to try to honestly lay my cards on the table and tell it like it is, or at least how I perceive it to be from my vantage point.

No comments: