Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What Would You Decide?


Euphoria (http://realeuphoria.com/index.php) posted this ad on his blog a few days ago. It’s not a real ad. Instead, it relates to the movie “Hard Pill” which Euphoric recommends we view. Per his post, the movie is built on the concept of “What if there was a Pill that we could take to make us straight?” He further reports that the film really looked at the impact such a discovery would have on not only the gay man but the people around him. It also looks at what would motivate a gay man to take this pill and whether taking the pill could solve the issues.

Talking with my therapist yesterday – who thinks my blog is a great idea and encouraged me to start it – I told him about the premise of the movie. He asked what I would decide if given the option of taking such a pill and now being able to to be straight. I told him (as he knew full well from seeing me for a number of years) that there had certainly been a time when I would have gladly taken the pill. Now, however, I told him that I would definitely NOT take the pill. I like who I am at long last and I am comfortable with the sexual orientation that God gave me. What choice would you make?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep what I have thank you very much... no desire to change here.

D-Man said...

Just like you, my friend, there was a time I would have choked down that pill (with a fifth of Jack)in an instant. But for many years I've realized that gay is normal. There have always been gay people and there always will be gay people. We are a normal part of life (Yes! Even in the animal kingdom!). Now, if there was a pill that would make me a fabulously talented concert pianist who could speak five languages - I'd take five of them. But with just water this time. I guess I still have a little bit of work to do, huh?

Pink Elephant said...

I'm still in the PLEASE GOD GET ME THAT PILL phase. It would make things so much simpler. But since there isn't such a pill, and I don't anticipate one, I'll have to learn to get comfortable being gay the hard way. I'm getting better about it, but still I have a ways to go. Sigh...

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Pink,

I wish you much success in your coming out and coming to terms with your sexuality process. It sure is NOT easy. On the other hand, doing what I did and still finally accepting myself as I am wasn't easy either.